FHE is a non-profit organization formed in 1984 to support home educating families in Forsyth County, NC, and is found online at www.ncfhe.org.
The FHE Board is currently searching for a qualified candidate to take over for our exiting Webmaster.
The following qualifications are required:
- Basic knowledge of cPanel on a virtual server. This includes TLS security certificates, email delivery for servers, etc. The hosting provider requires the virtual server be consistently updated, which may require the use of Linux.
- Fluency with WordPress. Ability to balance use of plugins with security and performance. Also, ability to manipulate WordPress and plugin settings independently and verify cohesiveness.
- Ensure user lists and plugins (containing permissions, emails, logs, etc.) are functional after updates.
- Improving email delivery rates. Implementing strategies or programs that will prevent weekly emails from bouncing or being marked as spam across providers.
- Keeping member lists and contact information updated at renewal.
- Ability to run consistent backups and restore when needed.
- Willingness to improve aesthetics
- Work directly with the Board on time-sensitive events, such as ticketing for events, sign-ups or voting.
- Available to troubleshoot and oversee members questions regarding technical difficulties in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with the homeschooling community.
- Attend a minimum of 4 board meetings per year.
Ideally, the candidate will be a college-aged student or trained individual who would like to build his/her resume. This paid position will begin training with transition to full responsibility in the spring. A contract will be signed.
Deadline for applications is Nov 30. All interested parties should send a resume to email@example.com