FHE members are expected to always conduct themselves in a manner that glorifies God and students and families should strive to follow both Luke 6:31 and I Corinthians 10:31 as fundamental standards of behavior. Luke 6:31 reminds us, “Do to others as you would have them do to you” (NIV), and requires members to consider if their words or actions violate principles of fairness or good sportsmanship. I Corinthians 10:31 tells us “…whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (NASB), and reminds us of our responsibility to represent Christ well in all we do. This includes honoring authority and one another, and following all rules of conduct as outlined below or by the rules for a specific event.
All members of Forsyth Home Educators (FHE), and their students and guests, shall abide by the following:
- Membership in FHE is required in order to participate in any FHE-sponsored activities, with exceptions (such as by personal or open invitation as a guest) as prescribed by the guidelines for specific activities.
- Members may not use the FHE Directory for commercial solicitation purposes. They may not distribute the directory in any form to anyone else for any reason.
- Only the Board and those designated by the Board should speak officially for FHE.
- Parents/homeschool officials are responsible for the behavior of their students and guests. If the parents are unable to attend an event or must leave during an event, they must notify another parent of their whereabouts and provide contact information. However, they are still directly responsible for the behavior of their students.
- Proper respect will be displayed at all times for: (1) all posted and otherwise disclosed rules of premises, (2) personal property, and (3) those in authority, including other parents.
- Members should refrain from attending any activity when there is illness in the family such as fever in the last 24 hours or a known or suspected communicable disease.
- No profanity, coarse jesting, or other hurtful language will be tolerated. Members are to refrain from harassing behavior towards other members and event attendees, including (but not limited to) matters of religion, academics, or politics. These and other topics may be discussed in a mutually civil manner.
- Modest and appropriate attire will be worn at all times.
- Inappropriate displays of affection are not acceptable.
- When a reservation is required, such reservation must be made by the deadline and any associated fees will be non-refundable, except at the sole discretion of the activity leadership.
- Punctuality is expected for all timed events, including field trips, theatre performances, and scheduled classes. It is possible that you may not be admitted after the stated time.
- Clean-up after FHE activities is the responsibility of the activity leadership, with assistance from all attendees.
RESPONSE TO BREACH OF STANDARDS
- If personal harm is involved, the leadership of that activity should be notified immediately.
- Any FHE member who observes conduct that is not consistent with these standards is requested to remind the offender of these standards. In the case of minors, the parents (or other supervising adult) should also be advised.
- If such conduct persists, please advise the leadership of the activity, who may request that the offending individual leave.
- The leadership of an activity may request that the Board take action regarding repeat offenders.
- The Board, at a regularly scheduled or special meeting, will determine the course of action, which may include (but is not limited to) verbal or written warning, temporary barring from activities, or cancellation of FHE membership.
- If disciplinary action is taken by the Board, no refund or reduction of FHE membership dues or activities fees will be granted.