2017-18 School Year
Sponsored by Forsyth County Republican Women
2017-18 Topic: What is the most important freedom in the Bill of Rights, and why?
Rules: Students in grades 6-8 who attend public, private, charter, parochial or home schools within Forsyth County, North Carolina, may submit one essay each.
- 500 word minimum – 600 word maximum
- All essays must be written in English.
- Essays should be typed (double-spaced) or neatly written.
- All entries must be in the form of a hard copy mailed to the address below.
- No electronic formats will be accepted.
- The “Official Entry Form” with your name, school information, and contact information must be submitted with each student’s essay.
- Neither the student’s name nor the school’s name may be included on the actual essay. (This information must be provided clearly on the Official Entry Form, which will accompany each essay submitted.)
- The decision of the essay committee is final.
- There is a $100 award for the winning essay, a $50 award for the second place essay, and a $25 award for the third place essay. The awards will be given at the February, 2018, meeting of the Forsyth County Republican Women.
- All entries must be postmarked on or before December 15, 2017. Late entries will not be accepted.